There are a lot of great enhancements coming in the Winter ’15 release of Salesforce, but the features coming to Salesforce1 and SalesforceA are far and away my favorite. Partly because most people live on their mobile devices and salesforce.com is making that life significantly easier, but also because, with this release, I can officially say that I no longer have a need to visit the desktop version of Salesforce…that is phenomenal!
So with that, here is a list of my favorite things coming to mobile in the Winter ’15…
- The Salesforce1 Wizard: If you are new to Salesforce1, the wizard is going to be a life saver. It is not a one stop shop for all Salesforce1 setup training, but it will definitely get you started! Get to it here: Setup > Salesforce1 Setup >click Launch Quick Start Wizard. It will walk you through the setup of things like:
- Determining which items are in the navigation menu
- Organizing your global actions
- Creating compact layouts (for the contacts object)
- Filter List Views (mobile browser): Add text, date, and/or number filters to your list views to see just the data you want…need I say more!?
- Mobile Action Bar: the Publisher Icon and Action Tray is being replaced with the Action Bar and Action Menu. The big changes:
- Record Actions: Some record actions have been moved from the highlights section to the action bar, including: Send Email, Log a Call, Map, View Website, and Read News.
- Publisher Actions: Adding, removing, or reordering of actions is reflected in the actions bar.
- Buttons: The action bar contain buttons such as Edit, Delete, Clone, etc. These can be reordered as well, with the exception of the Edit button.
- Chatter Actions: Standard chatter actions are included in the actions bar, as they were in the action tray previously.
- Actions on Records from Related Lists: Now when you are on the related list of a record, you can swipe left on the desired record and you will be presented with a row of actions that are available for use!
- Prevent Duplicates (Beta): This is in beta on desktop and mobile, and is a great feature for keeping clean data. Admins can now setup rules to restrict users from saving duplicate records, allowing them to save a record even if a duplicate detected, AND in Salesforce1 you can set the duplicate rule to run as users complete fields on a record: Setup > Mobile Administration > Salesforce1 > Settings > click Run duplicate rules when users complete fields
- Log Calls Faster: Available on Leads, Contacts, and Accounts, reps can now log calls by adding notes and moving on to the next meeting! No need to fill out every field on the task record anymore.
- Convert Leads to Contacts (Beta): Easy to setup, and easy to use: Setup > Customize > Leads > Settings > click Enable Conversions on the Salesforce1 App…as quick as your reps convert Leads on the go!
- View System Status: View trust.salesforce.com right from the SalesforceA app in one of two ways…
- Under the scheduled maintenance section on the home page, click Go to trust.salesforce.com
- From the navigation menu, click System Status
This is just a small list of the mobile enhancements coming in the Winter ’15 release, and an even smaller list of the overall Salesforce enhancements. Be sure to check out the full release notes here for more great features!